GRP Embankment Steps
Slopes between road and track are steep, uneven and – without the proper access equipment in place – treacherous.
Safety is paramount, yet when it comes to embankment staircases, there’s no one size fits all – which is why you need a flexible approach, like that offered by our prefabricated GRP embankment steps and staircases.
Lightweight, and with no welding or hazardous assembly required, GRP embankment steps are an ideal solution for rail access points or uneven work terrain. Made from pultruded sections and GRP gratings, they’re lightweight, anti-slip and highly durable.
Why use GRP embankment steps?
Access to trackside areas varies greatly. Over the years, the expectations and demands placed on railways have grown immensely, leaving many access points lacking when it comes to safety. And whilst embankments can pose a challenge, thanks to specifically designed GRP embankment steps, improving safety standards is easy.
Our GRP embankment steps are:
- Non-conductive, non-corrosive, non-sparking and fire resistant – key characteristics for a trackside environment
- Engineered to meet all Network Rail requirements
- Ideal for fast, efficient installation
- Lightweight and easy to build on site (made in prefabricated sections, GRP steps can be installed by our team or provided in easy-to-assemble sections with no hazardous welding needed)
- Cost-effective, thanks to little-to-no maintenance or repair costs due to GRP’s high durability and low theft value
- Provided with anti-slip flooring, handrails and continuous nosing as standard
- Available with contrasting edges and down stands to further boost safety
Order GRP embankment steps
Keen to find out more about using GRP embankment steps, or ready to place an order? Then why not get in touch?
Our experienced team will assist you all the way, from initial design through to fabrication and final install.
Contact us using the link below to speak to a member of the team or send in an enquiry to find out more.Enquire Now Contact Us